Powered by Blogger.

Holly Jolly Tag 2


Since Christmas is coming up I thought it would be fun to do this tag. I’ve been MIA for the past month because of finals but now I’m done and I will have more beauty related posts coming soon.


1. Do you start your Christmas shopping on Black Friday or wait until the last minute?
Here in Canada we don't really have Black Friday. Recently there have been some Black Friday sales but it's not a big thing here... this year I actually started Christmas shopping a little bit before Black Friday.

2. If you could be in any Christmas movie what would it be?
I don't know... probably Home Alone 2 because it would be cool to spend Christmas in New York although I wouldn’t want to be there alone.

3. Which do you like better:  Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
I like Christmas Day better than Christmas Eve because Christmas Day is the day that I see my whole family.

4. When does your family put up your Christmas tree and who decorates it?
We usually put up the Christmas tree after December 5th because that's my mom's birthday and she always wants to wait until after her birthday to put it up. This year we put it up on November 17th (my birthday) because we bought a new one and we just wanted to put it up, but we completely decorated it on November 24th because that was the only day that my mom and I both had free time. My mom and I always decorate it together and my dad just watches us and complains about where we put all the ornaments.

5. White lights or colored lights?
I like colored lights but I prefer white lights. I just think white lights are more classy.

6. Are you guilty of peeking at your presents or do you like the surprise?
I don't look for my presents. My mom is not good at being subtle and I can usually figure out what she got me by the little hints she drops and she doesn't even realize it. I remember looking for my presents one year when I was probably 9 or 10. I ended up trying to unwrap one and it didn't work. I don't think I ever did it again.

7. Would you rather live in a gingerbread house or in Santa's Workshop?
Living in a gingerbread house would be cool.

8. Tell us your Christmas Eve traditions!
Watching a Christmas movie with my family, singing my favorite Christmas song O Holy Night, eating tiramisu and opening presents of midnight.

9. If you could be under the mistletoe with anyone who would it be?
Haha... I have a person in mind but I won't say it. My best friend can figure it out lol. If I could be under the mistletoe with a fictional character I'd pick Chuck Bass ;) If it would be a celebrity I don't even know who I would pick...

10. What tops your tree?
It's always a star.

11. Can you name the 12 days of Christmas?
I have a good memory and I can usually memorize songs easily but this is one song that I can never remember. I can try... a partridge in a pear tree, 2 turtle doves, 3 french hens, 5 golden rings, 9 ladies dancing, 11 pipers piping, 12 drummers drumming. Well that was a fail.

12. Have you ever gone Christmas caroling?
I've never gone Christmas caroling even though I love singing.

13. Do you countdown to Christmas?
If so, how many days are left? Every year I try to countdown the days till Christmas. I believe there are 12 days till Christmas.

14. What are some foods and treats you can count on having every holiday season?
Cookies, cookies, cookies. Of course the classic sugar cookies and gingerbread cookies but then there's countless the Italian cookies. My favorite ones are almond crescent cookies. Ferreo Rocher and Baci chocolate. Torrone. Being Italian I can always count on the fact that there will the pasta on Christmas day. It's usually lasagna that my aunt makes. There's always at least one panettone which I hate or pandoro which I like made into bread pudding.

15. How has Christmas kept its magic for you as you've grown older?
Spending time with family, sitting by the Christmas tree and most importantly going to the Christmas service at church, hearing the choir sing all the Christmas hymns and just being reminded that Jesus is the reason for Christmas. Christmas music always makes me happy. Hark the Herald Angels Sing by Amanda Noelle f. Anthem lights has put me in the Christmas spirit this year. I also love Anthem Lights' cover of All I Want For Christmas Is You.

Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrate it. Happy Holidays to all! xoxo –JoJo 

No comments