Powered by Blogger.

NOTD: Essie Bikini So Teeny

For the whole month of January I wore no nail polish at all to prove to myself that I can live without constantly wearing nail polish. It may sound weird but I have an obsession with nail polish. Not  buying new nail polish was actually harder than not wearing any. Now that it's February I'm allowing myself to wear nail polish. My first NOTD for 2013 goes to Essie Bikini So Teeny.


Essie describes this color as "a sparkling, cornflower blue". I say that it's between a cornflower blue and a periwinkle blue but you have to look very closely to see that this polish has shimmer. This color has recently been added to the permanent collection. It was originally part of the summer 2012 collection. I had passed on getting this color and then when it was gone I regretted it so I'm glad that Essie brought it back and added it to the permanent collection. 


You can get away with one coat but I think two coats is better for perfect opacity. The polish goes on creamy and just a tiny bit streaky but once you put on a top coat it looks perfect. If you missed you chance at getting this polish when it came out in summer I definitely recommend getting it now. Wearing it now that it's still winter makes me happy because I look at my nails and think of spring and summer. 

xoxo - JoJo 

1 comment

  1. i just bought this the other day, it looks gorgeous on!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, real techniques brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete