Powered by Blogger.

Is it Worth the Hype? La Roche-Posay Effaclar DUO


La Roche-Posay Effaclar DUO is a dual action acne treatment that is supposed to reduce the number and severity of acne pimples and purify clogged pores. The formula is designed to dry, and help clear up acne and heal the skin.It's also supposed to penetrate the pores to prevent acne. I've tried many acne spot treatments over the years and I think this one is one of the best. I don't get many breakouts now that I'm an adult. This is great to have on hand because I know that it will work when I do break out. This product dries out and gets rid of my blemishes in a few days to a week. I do think that I have less breakouts since I started using this. It is drying, therefore it's important to moisturize a little more than usual when using this. I know that when I put this on a blemish that is near a dry patch at night it will be even more dry and look flaky in the morning. I usually apply this over my moisturizer to try to prevent the flakiness but it still gets dry. It contains salicylic acid so it will work if your skin responds well to that.

I've tried La Roche-Posay Effaclar K over the summer and I find that it works well but it seems to be more targeted towards acne scarring and smoothing skin texture. After using it for a few months I hated its chemical scent and the tube that it came in. It's also for oily skin with irregular skin texture and imperfections. I have combination to dry skin so it was very drying on my skin. Effaclar DUO doesn't seems to have a scent and is for acne prone skin with clogged pores. After having tried both of them I think this one is a better fit for my skin concerns.

Overall, this is a good acne treatment to keep in your stash for those unexpected breakouts.
Is it worth the hype? Yes.

Sincerely, JoJo.♥

2 comments

  1. I'm glad you reviewed this! I was debating whether to get it because there are some mixed reviews. I think I will finally give it a try! :) x

    www.natalielovesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skincare products are always tricky because everyone's skin is different. Sometimes the only way to find out if a product works for you is to try it. I hope this works for you. :)

      Delete