Powered by Blogger.

January Favorites 2014



Beauty 
MAC Mineralize Blush in Dainty (review here) is a pretty everyday pink shade that gives me a natural glow and makes me look awake on those early mornings when I don't get enough sleep. The Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation is my most worn foundation. I know I talk about this a lot but that's because I haven't found anything that I like better than this. It has good coverage, lasts all day and looks natural. I love it because it feels lightweight on my skin. The only downside to this foundation is the limited shade selection. I'm not the palest person and I wear the lightest shade, 51 Vanille Clair/Light Vanilla. It's too light for me in summer but it's perfect right now.

Skincare
La Roche-Posay Effaclar DUO and La Roche-Posay Toleriane Soothing Protective Skincare have been my skin saviors this month. Effaclar DUO (review here) gets rid of unwanted blemishes that pop up. Toleriane Soothing Protective Skincare is for normal to combination intolerant skin. It has become my go-to moisturizer. I've been using it morning and night. It feels soothing on my skin, doesn't break me out, moisturizes my dry patches and controls the oil in my t-zone. After using it for a week I noticed that my forehead looked less oily. My skin seems to be loving it. The only downside about this is the size of the tube is quite small. It's 40ml and since I've been using it morning and night I fear that it will run out fast. It doesn't help that it costs $29.50 CAD.

TV
Chicago Fire has been my obsession this month and I've been really  liking its spin-off show Chicago PD. Both shows are really connected so I feel like I need to watch them both, although I prefer Chicago Fire.

Music 
Falling Head - The George Twins
Unconditionally (Katy Perry Cover) - The George Twins

Recipes
Fiesta Chicken - foolproof slow cooker recipe
Coconut Chicken - this tastes amazing with some of sriracha on the side
Apple Cinnamon Smoothie - it's like apple pie in a cup

Sincerely, JoJo.♥

No comments