Powered by Blogger.

Benefits of Oregano Oil


Ever since I started using coconut oil last year for its skincare benefits I've been looking into more natural products that have good skincare properties. Oregano oil has many benefits for your skin and your well-being. Originally I thought it was taken internally and used for fighting off colds and flu because that's why my mother takes it; but I soon found out that it can be used for so much more than that.
Oregano is part of the mint family. It grows wild all around the world specifically in Greece and Turkey where the highest medicinal quality oregano is found. Medicinal oregano contains many minerals such as: vitamin C, vitamin A, and niacin.
I was glad to know that it can be used on problem skin. I read that it can help with eczema. I tried it on my eczema and it took the itchy feeling away and is actually helping it go away as well.
Oregano oil can also be used to get rid of breakouts/blemishes. I had a breakout on my forehead and instead of using my regular acne spot treatment I decided to try oregano oil to see if it would help. Within two-three days my zit was gone. Already from the first day the redness was going down and it was smaller the next morning. One the second day it was tiny and had no redness. By the third day you couldn't even tell that it had been there.
Besides acne and eczema you can use this for many other skin concerns such as psoriasis, dandruff and rosacea.
When taken internally it can be used for coughs, asthma, bronchitis, headaches, fever, allergies, sinuses, arthritis, toothaches, varicose veins, cramps and muscle pain. It can even help digestion. If you want to take it internally you should take one drop and either leaving it on your tongue for about 15 seconds or swallowing it as fast as you can. It has an extremely powerful scent that one drop is all you need. You can also dilute one or two drops in water, milk or juice which takes away the strong flavor of it. It's recommended to take it up to 5 times a day. I personally think once or twice a day is all you need if you're not sick or being exposed to anyone sick.
It's also used to soothe bug bites, poison ivy, and as an insect repellent.
I wouldn't recommend using it in food (I added some to my tomato sauce one day and it was not a good idea.) because it has such a strong scent that it will overpower everything else.
The cost of oregano oil varies depending on where you go. It can be expensive because 1000 pounds of oregano are needed to make one pound of oil. A 10ml bottle of it is $12.99 at the store that I buy it from but it lasts a good 3 months. A little goes a long way so I think the cost is fair.
Oregano oil is a miracle worker on for your skin and your health. It has endless uses, probably more than what I've mentioned. It would be a good idea to keep it on hand at all times.

Sincerely, JoJo.♥

No comments