Powered by Blogger.

Top 10 TV Shows to Marathon


I watch a lot of TV shows. I often like to marathon shows when I either need to catch up on them or I've discovered a new one. This is a list of TV shows that I think everyone should watch.


1. Gilmore Girls 
I started watching this show back when I was 12. I instantly loved to mother-daughter relationship that Lorelai and Rory have. The show is centered on their relationship. I'm very close with my mom so I loved watching a show that was so focused on a mother and her daughter. There are lots of friendships and relationships as well. I liked that it shows us that the mother-daughter relationship can get rocky but it should never be broken. Even though it's a drama it still have a lot of witty humour. Whenever I'm feeling down I watch this because I know it will make me feel better.
Favorite characters: Rory Gilmore, Lorelai Gilmore
Favorite ship: Rory & Jess; Luke & Lorelai


2. One Tree Hill 
This was my favorite show all through high school. I never gave up on it even after season 6 when most of my friends stopped watching. This show started off being about two half brothers who hate each other, love basketball and like the same girl. I'll admit that the first time I watched it I didn't really like it but the more I watched it the more I loved it. The reason I loved it so much was Naley and the friendships between the characters. I always marathon season 1 or season 3 because those were my favorite seasons. I love watching how Naley began in season 1 and how they rebuild their relationship in season 3.
Favorite character: Brooke Penelope Davis
Favorite ship: Nathan & Haley


3. The OC
A TV show marathon list would never be complete without including this one. This is one of the best TV series ever made (according to my 13 year old self.) I'll give you one reason to watch this show: Seth Cohen. He's funny, witty, the underdog who gets the girl, and he created his own holiday. I always watch the Chrismukkah episodes during the holiday season because Seth's love for the holiday reminds me to enjoy it. Seth and Summer are endgame, they were my first otp; therefore this show will always be close to my heart. The character development of Ryan and Summer throughout the years shows us that people can change for the better. I will never get over Marissa's death.
Favorite characters: Seth Cohen, Summer Roberts, Ryan Atwood, Marissa Cooper
Favorite ship: Seth & Summer; Ryan & Marissa


4. Gossip Girl 
The basic plot-line of the show is depicting the lives of Manhattan's elite but obviously there's someone code-named gossip girl who exposes their secrets. What intrigued me about this show was the fact that set in New York. I loved Chuck & Blair from the beginning. It's easy to fly through a season. You always want to find out who gossip girl is but most of the time you just focus on the relationships and events that are occurring. The fashion is amazing. I've gone through a phase where I wore headbands every day because of Blair Waldorf. I think the most unexpected thing was finding out who gossip girl really was. Blair and Serena's friendship is an important part of the show but the reason I stuck with the show for the entire series is ultimately Chuck & Blair. Once you start to love Chuck and Blair you can't stop watching. 
Favorite character: Chuck Bass, Blair Waldorf
Favorite ship: Chuck & Blair



5. 7th Heaven 
This one's an oldie but a goodie. It was my favorite TV show growing up. This show is about Rev. Eric Camden, his wife Annie and their seven children. It's centered around the nuclear family. There are many ups and downs, and lots of drama. Each member of the family always encounters someone who needs help so you meet a lot of people, some stick around for a long time and some don't. It's a really great family show. I loved that you get to watch all the children grow up and each child goes through different things as they grow. I was sad when this show got cancelled but after 11 season it was time to say goodbye. Happy was my favorite TV dog, she was awesome. I always go back to this when I don't know what to watch. It proves the message that you can always count on your family.
Favorite character: Ruthie Camden
Favorite ship: Lucy & Kevin; Eric & Annie


6. Chicago Fire 
When I first heard about this TV shows I didn't think I would likes it because it's a drama about firefighters. I quickly became obsessed. My best friend watches this show and I don't know how but she convinced me to give it a try. I like that all the members of the firehouse are good friends even when they're not working. This show makes me cry a lot because a lot of tragic things happen. I now have a lot of respect for firefighters, their job is difficult but they do it because they care about their city.
Favorite character: I can't even pick one because this is one show where all the characters are so well played and well written.
Favorite ship: Dawson & Casey


7. Suits
I love Suits. I marathoned through this two summers ago. It follows the lives of powerful New York lawyer Harvey Specter and Mike Ross who never went to law school but ends up working for Harvey because he's so brilliant. It's just so good that it sucks you in from the first episode.
Favorite Character: Donna Paulsen
Favorite ships: Mike & Rachel, Donna & Harvey


8. Downton Abbey 
This is one of my all-time favorite TV shows. I marathoned through it two summers ago as well. It follows the Crawley family and the people who work for them. If you've never seen it before where have you been? You get to see how life was like before, during and after WWI.  I love period dramas because I've always loved history. The fashion of the time was so pretty. I like that the series depicts moments in history for women. It can be heartbreaking at times but it's such a lovely show.
Favorite character: Lady Sybil, Lady Violet
Favorite ship: Sybil & Branson; Matthew & Mary; Bates & Anna; Mr. Carson & Mrs. Hughes


9. Call the Midwife 
This show is a gem. I love, love, love it. I watched all 3 seasons last month and I seriously want to rewatch it all again. This show is based on the memoirs of Jennifer Worth. The show follows Jenny Lee who goes to work as a midwife in East London in the 1950s. All the characters are wonderful, the stories in each episode are believable. It's historically significant as well. I have no interest in nursing or midwifery but I love this show. Before you watch this get the tissues ready. This show will take you on an emotional roller coaster; it make you laugh and cry but you'll enjoy every minute of it.
Favorite character: Camilla "Chummy" Noakes
Favorite ship: Shelagh & Patrick; Peter & Camilla 


10. Teen Wolf 
I know the name of the show sounds cheesy but it's actually a really great show. Yes, a guy gets turned into a werewolf. Yes, supernatural things happen. It's not the type of show that I typically watch but I became immersed in it. I started watching it last summer and I flew through season 1 and 2 to get caught up to season 3. The main reason I watch it is Stiles Stilinski. He's witty, smart, funny, sarcastic, the underdog who's in love with the popular girl and he actually becomes close friends with her. 
Favorite character: Stiles Stilinski, Lydia Martin, Scott McCall
Favorite ship: Stiles & Lydia

What's your favorite TV show?

Sincerely, JoJo. ♥

No comments