Powered by Blogger.

Is it Worth the Hype: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Full Coverage Foundation


The Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation has a lot of hype surrounding it. It claims to give you 12 hours of flawless coverage, full coverage with a weightless texture and it's supposed to give your healthy and natural looking skin. The foundation also claims to reduce the appearance of pores, discoloration and imperfections. It also contains SPF 15, is water based and doesn't have any parabens, sulphates, etc. It's supposed to give you an amazing flawless appearance and have no ingredients that are bad for your skin.

Every review that I've read or watched has been a huge rave about how much people love it. I'm probably one of the few people who actually didn't like it. With all its claims it sounds perfect, so perfect that it seems too good to be true. This foundation is a fail for me. I've actually named it the worst foundation I've ever tried. I know it sounds harsh but this was seriously not good.

First of all it's true that it has a weightless texture. It feels nice when you apply it. You can't even feel it on your skin and it didn't irritate my skin which is why I really wanted to love it. It ended up looking awful on me. It looked so fake. It emphasized all my pores and every single line on my face which makes so sense to me because I'm only 21. I have no fine lines but the foundation made it look like I did. It looked very cakey around my nose. By the halfway through the day my face looked like a got mess. My face looked powdery, cakey and my make up looked like badly applied stage makeup. The foundation is thick and a little goes a long way. It's so full coverage that it gives the skin a fake appearance.

I tried many different ways of applying it and every time I got the same result. I've tried applying it with a damp beauty blender, my Real Techniques Expert Face brush, a stipple brush and my fingers. I thought applying it with my beauty blender would give it the most natural appearance but it didn't change anything. No matter how I applied it, it always looked like I was wearing a mask.

If this foundation works for you then that's great for you but for me it gets two thumbs down. It's $49 CAD. Needless to say I returned it. Sephora has a great return policy and I'm thankful for that. I don't think it's worth the money or the hype. If your skin is combination and dehydrated like mine I don't think you'll like it. Obviously everyone's skin is different so I'd recommend getting a sample of it before you buy it.

Sincerely, JoJo. ♥


No comments