Powered by Blogger.

Top 5 Spring/Summer Nail Polish


When Spring and Summer rolls around I stick to similar colours for both seasons. In the Spring I love to wear pastel colours because they look fresh and make me happy. In Summer I still wear the same pastel shades but I also love to have some bright colours as well. I think that in every season you need a good red and a nude. In the warmer months I like my red to be bright and cheerful. I like my Summer nude to remind me of the colour of sand because it makes me think of the beach. Here are my top 5 Spring & Summer polishes from my collection.

OPI Cajun Shrimp
This is the perfect Summer red in my opinion. The company calls it 'a spicy shade of coral'. It's an orange/coral tone of red and it's really bright. It stands out but it's not a neon which means it's still in my comfort zone. This colour is currently living on my toes and I intend to take it with me on vacation. You only need 2 coats for full opacity.

Essie Mint Candy Apple
Everyone has an obsession with this colour and that's because it's unique. It's not completely green and it's not completely blue. It's in between a mint green and an aqua blue. Essie calls it 'a creme de menthe mint.' I'd call it a mint with blue undertones. It's fresh and clean and just looks pretty on the nails. This polish needs three coats to look opaque.

Essie Bikini So Teeny
This shade has become a summer cult classic. It was originally limited edition but last year it became part of their permanent collection. The colour is a cornflower blue with micro shimmer in it. You can't really see the shimmer once it's applied unless you look at your nails really closely. It's a happy colour. You can get away with one coat but I recommend applying two coats.

Essie Urban Jungle
This is my latest nail polish purchase. It's from the Essie Haute in the Heat Summer 2014 collection. If you like the shade I suggest picking it up as fast as you can because it's limited edition. At first you would think that it's white but it's actually a nude. Essie describes it as an 'irresistible alabaster orchid.' It's a creamy beige, a tiny bit on the pink side. It's lighter than Essie's Sand Tropez but it's still a nude. It reminds me of a white sand beach. It really surprised me that it only takes two coats for this to be opaque.

Rimmel Sweet Lavender
If you want to dip your toe into the Radiant Orchid colour family but don't want the boldness of the colour I think this nail polish is the way to go. I would describe it as a lavender with pink undertones. It just screams spring to me. It's the first colour that I wore this Spring. You need three coats to reach full opacity but the polish dries fairly quickly.


Let me know if you have any favourite Spring and Summer nail polishes.

Sincerely, JoJo. ♥

No comments