Powered by Blogger.

April Favorites!

april favorites, milani, opi, mac and more

April went by faster than I thought. The semester ended and my favorite dramas ended. It feels like time passed before I was even able to process what was going on. Here's what I've been loving this month.

Milani Everyday Eyes Palette in 01 Must Have Naturals
I'm a big fan of the Milani Bella Eyes single eyeshadows and when I found out that they brought out palettes I needed to get my hands on them. Lately I've been loving the Must Have Naturals palette because it has all the shades you want when creating an everyday neutral eye look. The shades are every pigmented and blend easily. With a primer they last all day. I love that drugstore brands are bringing out palettes.

MAC Modesty
Modesty is a shade I've had in my lipstick collection for about a year now. It's a beautiful MLBB nude shade that doesn't get enough love from me. It's a cremesheen which means it doesn't have the best lasting power but it's creamy and doesn't overly dry out your lips. MAC calls it a muted neutral pink. It's brown with a strong pink undertone. I think it's underrated. I love this shade. I think everyone needs this in their collection.

OPI Cajun Shrimp
This is my favorite Spring/Summer red nail polish. I always crack it out during this time of year. It's an orange/coral based red. This shade reminds me of summer and Florida because I always bring it on vacation with me. It makes me look tanned when it graces my nails. I have nothing else to say besides I love it.

KDramas:
Marriage Contract 
I mentioned this drama last month but I need to mention it again now that it's over because it's just so good. I'm going to make a bold statement and call this the best drama of the year. This drama is bittersweet perfection. I don't even like melodramas but I loved this one. Every episode takes you on an emotional roller coaster. The cinematography was flawless. The OST was beautiful. I think this is Uee's best role yet. Just watch it if you haven't already.

Ms. Temper and Nam Jung Gi 
The first two episodes of this drama didn't impress me. I contemplated dropping it and didn't even keep up with it for about three weeks. People said it gets better in episode 3 and they were right. It gets better and better after each episode. I think that this is an underrated drama. It really exposes Korean business culture and depicts how hard it is for people, especially women in the corporate world. Yoon Sang Hyun will always be Oska to me but it's nice to see him in a currently airing drama.

D-Day
I was aware of this drama while it was airing but overlooked it because it's a medical drama. I was having Descendants of the Sun withdrawls (which is on my favorite dramas list) and this was recommended to me. I can see the similarities between the two dramas. D-Day is more serious. Even though the main focus is the medical aspect it has a little bit of everything: action, comedy, politics and romance. The main couple is too precious. I'm glad I watched it now and not when it aired because it would have been difficult to wait between episodes. Every episode keeps your on the edge of your seat and you just want to know more. I marathoned it in 3 days. Jung So Min did a great job with having a Busan accent and her acting was phenomenal. The entire cast was fantastic. It think it's underrated and needs more recognition. If you love DotS then you need to give this one a try. While the entire drama is based on a tragedy it has a happy ending.

TV:
Running Man

Music:
Spring Love - Eric Nam & Wendy
Without You - NCT U

Movies:
My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2

Books:
The Charm Bracelet by Viola Shipman

Sincerely, JoJo.♥

No comments