Powered by Blogger.

Link Love #3: Foodie Edition

link love #3 foodie edition

Link Love is a feature where I share things I've been loving. This edition will be featuring five amazing recipes and food videos that I've recently tried. I've always enjoyed cooking and baking, and I love discovering new recipes.

Avocado Smoothie (Honeysuckle)
I love avocados. Avocado on toast is one of my favorite things to eat for breakfast or lunch. I never thought I would like it in a smoothie because smoothies are rather sweet. This one tastes amazing. I think it's because the smoothie has sweetened condensed milk (which I love) and bananas. I was skeptical in trying it but I'm glad I did. I think anyone who loves avocados should try this.

Flourless Chocolate Cake and Coffee Mousse (pictured above) (Home Cooking Adventure)
I discovered this cake in by seeing a gifset of it on tumblr. This is proof that spending too much time on tumblr is actually a good thing lol. This is one of the best cakes I've ever had. It honestly tastes better than a cake you'd find in a pastry shop. The chocolate cake tastes like a chocolate lava cake without the lava center. The mousse is so light and fluffy. Since it's a coffee mousse it taste similar to a tiramisù. I wish I had a piece in front of me right now.

Roasted Tomato Pasta (Donal Skehan)
I love pasta and tomatoes so this is the perfect dish for me. Roasted tomatoes, roasted garlic, pasta, fresh basil and cheese. Yes please! It's so easy to make because the sauce basically cooks itself. It smells amazing. It's one of the best pasta dishes I've had in a long time and I eat pasta on a weekly basis. Donal's recipes always turn out great. His videos are so pleasant to watch as well.

Sansa's Lemon Cakes (Rosanna Pansino)
I love anything with lemon in it, especially lemon cake. I've always wondered what Sansa's favorite lemon cakes would taste like. They look so delicious and they're adorable. I haven't made them yet but based on the ingredients it's a foolproof cake. The addition of sour cream will ensure that the cakes turn out moist. I plan to make these for Mother's Day because my mother loves lemon desserts.

5 Fruit Hacks (The Domestic Geek)
Some fruits are very difficult to cut perfectly. This video shows you easy ways to cut them to make sure you get perfect results every time. I've tried them myself and they really work.

My Favorite Food Youtube Channels:
Gemma Stafford
Katie Pix
Donal Skehan
Gennaro Contaldo
Honeysuckle
SortedFood
Tastemade

Sincerely, JoJo. ♥

No comments