Powered by Blogger.

NOTD: Wet n Wild 1 Step Wonder Gel in Stay Classy

wet n wild 1 step wonder gel in stay classy, is it worth the hype?

I love my neutrals. The main reason I bought this nail polish was the colour. Stay Classy is a neutral mauve shade. I thought it would be similar to my all-time favorite polish: Essie Ladylike, but it is not. It's darker and pinker than Ladylike. This nail polish range intrigued me because the premise is that you only need one coat of polish without a base coat or top coat and it's supposed to last 14 days. I didn't think it would work because that is a very bold claim.

I initially applied one coat on my naked nail (no base coat, no top coat). It applied streak free but I felt like one coat wasn't opaque enough. I applied a second coat and it looked nice. The finish was slightly glossy. I noticed that it enhanced all the ridges of my nails that I didn't know I had. My nails a pretty smooth. It showed me the importance of a base coat; a base coat makes your nails smooth and removes any appearance of ridges. I loved that it applied easily and dried quickly.


Within 12 hours the nail polish was already chipping, which I found extremely annoying. I took it off right away because it looked awful.

I decided to reapply the polish the way that I typically do my nail routine, (base coat, 2 coats of polish, top coat). In the photo above that's how it's been applied. Applying it this way made it last for 5 days.

wet n wild 1 step wonder gel, is it worth the hype, major chipping after 5 days

Most of the nails had small or unnoticeable chips. One of the nails had a chip that got bigger each day. By day 5 it was actually peeling off. I knew it was time to take it off. The nail polish comes off very quickly with nail polish remover. It was the fastest nail polish removal I've ever experienced.

This polish retails for $5.99 CAD. I got mine from well.ca. They don't have the full range there. I've seen it in-store at Walmart and they a lot more of the shades.

Overall, it doesn't live up to its claims (false advertising, right?). I knew the claims were far-fetched but I'm disappointed that it's been marketed to be so amazing when it's just a regular nail polish. It doesn't work used on its own. Like any normal polish, you need a top coat and base coat if you want your manicure to last. I love the shade so I will continue wearing it. It's easy to apply, dries fast and it has a nice formula. Just beware that it won't perform well on its own.

Sincerely, JoJo. ♥

No comments