Powered by Blogger.

Top 5 OPI Nail Polishes

top 5 opi nail polishes

A few weeks ago I posted my Top 5 Essie Polishes. Now I'm back with my Top 5 polishes from OPI. I originally wanted to have one post about my top 5 nail polishes but it was hard to narrow it down. Since I noticed that my favorite polishes were either Essie or OPI I decided to do my top 5 of both brands. As you can see most of these are red whereas my favorite Essie shades are all neutral. Why? I think that OPI makes the best red shades. OPI has a wide variety of any shade you can think of but I personally think that their reds stand out more than the rest.

Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ
This is my all-time favorite OPI shade. I've never seen anything that comes close to this color. It's basically the shade of dark burgundy BBQ sauce. It's the perfect oxblood shade for autumn. It's been discontinued. I've tried and failed to find a dupe of it. (OPI Skyfall from the James Bond collection is similar; Essie's Wicked is darker.)

Quarter of a Cent-Cherry
This is my all-time favorite red nail polish. It's a deep blue-based cherry red. It's the perfect red to wear in the fall. I believe it's been discontinued as well. (OPI's Got the Blues for Red is similar, possibly a dupe.)

Tiramisù for Two
I originally bought this shade purely for the name but I ended up loving it. It's a pink toned beige. I'm a big lover of neutral nails and this one looks flattering with my skin tone. (Essie's Topless & Barefoot is very similar but a tad pinker. I have both but you really need both.)

Amore at the Grand Canal
I originally bought this shade because I thought it would be comparable to Quarter of a Cent-Cherry. It's not. It's still a blued based red but it's lighter and brighter. I would describe this shade as classic ladylike red nail polish. You'll always look classic and sophisticated with this polish.

Cajun Shrimp
This is my all-time favorite summer nail polish. It's a bright orange-red. It's a classic summer shade. When you apply this to your nails you look instantly tanned. The last time I went to Florida this was the only shade I wore on my nails and on my toes. I exclusively wear this shade on my toes all summer.

What's your favorite nail polish?

Sincerely, JoJo. ♥

No comments